U bent hier
Living with HIV
When you find out you have HIV, it can have the same impact as a bomb exploding. Or perhaps you were already expecting it in one way or another. The diagnosis can raise many questions. What does the future hold for me? How will my life change? Who can I talk to?
Sensoa Positief offers support to people with HIV and their environment. The service is free and confidential. It is possible to stay anonymous.
What do we offer?
- online information and telephone advice about living with HIV
- individual chats with a member of staff or another person living with HIV
- assistance in difficult times
- activities where you can meet HIV-positive people
- support in case of reported discrimination
- Positiefcontact.be, an online forum for people with HIV
What is our aim?
- the integration of people with HIV
- tackling the taboo and stigmatization
- defending the interests of people living with HIV
- 078-151.100, Monday from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM and Thursday from 6:00 pm to 9:00 PM
- positief [at] sensoa.be
Sensoa Positief also supports care providers. They can call on us for information, training and advice.
Brochure living with HIV
In the brochure Living with HIV you find basic, understandable information about different aspects of living with HIV.
The brochure is written for people with HIV and for partners, family, friends, colleagues and professionals. It is also available in Dutch and French.
There are good websites in English about HIV and living with HIV.